Hellenic Aerospace Industry is committed to support the United Nations Global Compact principles. The company bases its operation on a series of values that respect the 10 principles and provide the necessary grounds for embedding their essence in everyday business practice.
HAI acknowledges that the recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of human society is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world. The company is committed to upholding the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In this context, HAI:
- Complies with the relevant Greek legislation
- Has created and follows a Personnel Working Regulation and a Code of Ethics and Business Conduct. Both texts set the framework through which the company ensures respect to individual and its rights.
- Takes corporate responsibility initiatives with regard to society, aiming at covering basic social needs (e.g. in local community, the Company supports the Social Grocery store of Municipality of Tanagra and offers free meals on a daily basis to unemployed citizens and families in need.
- Has a plant medical unit and offers medical care services and free health care tests.
- Organizes blood donations and has created a blood bank in national child hospital helping its employees but also a great number of children suffering from Mediterranean anemia.
- Complies with safety policies aiming at ensuring health and safety of employees which keeps informed on relevant issues.
- Organizes and implements educational/training programs and seminar courses thus offering the opportunity and encouraging career progress and personal development.
- Welcomes to its premises students from all educational levels providing useful information on its field of business and thus contributing to their professional orientation. In parallel, the company accepts internships.